“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hofmann
That is exactly what Twitter has tried to achieve with its latest rebranded ad suite.
Twitter recently discovered easily categorizable ad format names to help advertisers.
The rebranded version of the microblogging platform will now have five categories. This will be further refined into sub-categories. Advertisers can choose their plan of action to fire a campaign using these new categories.
In this blog post, we take a look at all the changes that have been made in Twitter’s ad suite rebranding. Let’s dive in –
What Are the New Twitter Advertisement Categories?
In Twitter’s announcement of rebranding their entire advertising suite, they have revamped their former 22+ individual ad formats and converted them to 5 advertising categories. Each of these come with a corresponding suite of features applicable to each category.
This is how the revamped Twitter ad suite looks like:
As the image above showcases, the sub-types contain specific formats that advertisers can select to run a campaign or to add a media plan.
For instance, the Twitter Takeover category. It has individual takeover products such as Timeline Takeover, Trend Takeover, and Trend Takeover+.
Now, advertisers can use ‘Branded Hashtag’ from the Twitter Ad Features category to widen reach and increase the engagement of a campaign.
Here are what each of these newly added categories are eligible to do:
1. Promoted Ads: Using these formats, you will be able to feature videos, images, and several other ad features. These can be used in a variety of ways across every stage of the marketing funnel.
2. Follower Ads: You can promote an account to a targeted group of audience using this format. This will help you build more awareness around your business and enable you to gain new followers.
3. Twitter Amplify: This category will help you align ads with premium video content from relevant publishers.
4. Twitter Takeover: You will find the most premium, mass-reach placements in this category. These help drive results across the marketing funnel by taking over the Timeline and Explore tab.
5. Twitter Live: This category helps brands maximize their best livestream content and drive conversation with the audiences that matter.
Did you know? Twitter had 187 million monetizable daily active users worldwide, as of 2020. This implies that Twitter Ads is a great marketing tool.
Eventually, this will help marketers improve their brand value and capture leads.
While the new changes might not be visible immediately, they will soon be updated in the new Tweet Composer. The old product names will phase out gradually over the next few months.
Twitter also stated that it is continuously working towards improving the Ads Manager experience for advertisers and professionals. The Ads Manager, along with these additions in the ad suite, will help create and manage advertising campaigns in a more effective manner.
Want Help In Managing Your Twitter Ads Campaign? Contact Us!
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with the latest industry-related content.
Thank you for Subscribing!