With 24 blog posts being published every second, the web is continuously being flooded with new content.
But what can make your content stand out from the rest is search engine optimization.
An effective SEO strategy helps you get:
- Higher search engine ranking
- Stronger domain authority
- Targeted web traffic
Are you looking to outrank your competitors on search in 2020?
In this blog post, we bring to you 6 key factors to help you build a highly-effective SEO strategy and drive business success.
Let’s get started!
In 2019, Google rolled out the ‘BERT‘ algorithm update, followed by the ‘featured snippets’ update, in January this year.
With these updates, Google now better understands the context in which users make search queries. This helps the search engine provide relevant results.
If you need a strong argument that providing super-relevant content to users is key to ranking high on search, well, then these updates by Google are it!
“In 2020, it’s time to take a hard look at the quality of content and optimize it for users rather than search engines.”
So, how does one go about writing for users rather than search engines?
Here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Understand your audience and how they search online
- Understand the intent behind their search queries
- Provide solutions to their problems with relevant and authoritative content
Google continues to place importance on ‘Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness’ (E.A.T.)
This includes individuals who publish content on behalf of organizations.
Wondering how you can establish ‘E.A.T’?
- Develop a seamless supply chain strategy by delivering products and services in a time-bound manner to customers.
- Provide quick and effective customer service by answering queries with minimal friction.
- Establish superior digital branding by engaging your audience with highly- engaging digital marketing.
User Experience and Technical SEO
“The biggest trend that smart SEO professionals should focus on in 2020 for greater success is UX.”
When aiming to provide a highly engaging user experience on your website, consider these key questions:
- Value: Is it useful?
- Usability: Is it easy to use?
- Desirability: Is it engaging?
It is also important for search engines to be able to access, crawl, interpret, and index your website.
This is where technical SEO comes in.
Provide optimized mobile web browsing and quick web-page loading with Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), as part of your technical SEO efforts.
Search engine algorithms are yet to master context.
By structuring data, you help search engines understand:
- Individual webpages
- Elements within a webpage
- How one webpage relates to the other on your website
Furthermore, you will be able to provide answers to search queries in the form of knowledge graphs, rich snippets, social cards, and more.
“The more customers trust you, the more they are willing to share your content (links), talk about you (value), and buy your products (revenue).”
Search engines use links to determine rankings.
Here’s how you can build links, as well as your brand, along the way:
- Outreach to industry-relevant websites and blogs
- Get links from a website with high-traffic
- Create content to show domain-expertise
Outrank Your Competitors With Search-Engine-Optimization!/
In this blog post, we looked at 6 key factors that you should consider while developing an SEO strategy that helps you rank high on search engines.
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with the latest industry-related content.
Thank you for Subscribing!
What you think?