With more than 810 million[i] members, LinkedIn is the biggest social network for professionals and businesses alike. Thus, advertising on LinkedIn guarantees your brand’s message makes its way to an influential group of decision-makers.
Developing a LinkedIn advertising strategy can help you promote your business in the B2B markets, increase the visibility of your brand, and attract new leads.
In this blog post, we’ll talk about four reasons why you should take advantage of LinkedIn marketing and include it in your B2B marketing strategy.
Top 4 Reasons to Market Your Business on LinkedIn
When it comes to promoting your B2B business online, the main objective is to generate high-quality leads and target the right decision-makers.
LinkedIn marketing helps you reach the top of the funnel audiences, which are more receptive to a marketing message on a platform like LinkedIn.
With LinkedIn’s targeting option, you can zoom in on just about any part of the audience’s profile. This not only allows you to nurture your prospects with quality content but also helps you speed up the process of closing a sale.
Moreover, LinkedIn has become a go-to platform for the decision-makers to research business-critical tools and services for their company. This eventually helps your business generate high-quality leads.
LinkedIn Advertising Targeting Options
Choosing the right social media platform to advertise your business depends on how you want to convey your message to the target audience. Advertising on platforms with irrelevant audiences can destabilize your campaigns.
For example, Facebook targeting is largely based on interest and behavioral factors while LinkedIn marketing helps you target the audience based on the industry-specific variables.
LinkedIn provides you with specific targeting options to extend your reach to the right set of audiences. You can use different filters to narrow down your target audience.
You can filter your audience on LinkedIn based on the following variables. Here’s how:
1. Name of the Company: It helps you target your audience by company connections, industry, size, name, followers, and more.
2. Growth Rate of the Company: It helps you target fast-growing organizations.
3. Educational Qualification: This helps you target members from different educational backgrounds, fields of study, member schools, and degrees.
4. Job Position and Title: It helps you target a certain group of audience i.e. entry-level employees and top-level decision makers. You can target people with a particular job title as well.
5. Member Skills: It helps you find people with a specific skill set.
6. Member Groups: It helps you target people within a certain industry group.
Better Conversion Rates
A recent survey[ii] done by HubSpot showed that the customers averaged around a 6.1% conversion rate from LinkedIn Sponsored Content in comparison to a 2.58% conversion rate from Google Ads.
This is because LinkedIn is a community that helps you nurture relationships with sales-ready leads. Even though LinkedIn Ads cost more than advertising on other platforms, the leads acquired from LinkedIn yields higher returns at a lower risk.
Since LinkedIn is a professional networking site, it also draws a competitive advantage over other social media platforms. It enables B2B businesses to generate and nurture potential leads and maximize conversions.
Therefore, LinkedIn advertising is a great medium to generate a higher success rate.
Engaging & Creative Ad Formats
Did you know?
The sponsored messaging strategy drives an increase in the open rate and engagement rate by 200%[iii].
LinkedIn provides a plethora of engaging ad formats for businesses to help them reach their target audience. These are:
1. Sponsored Content Ads: These ads appear on the user’s feed and blends seamlessly with the platform. This way these ads appear less intrusive than a Google display ad.
2. Carousel Image Ads: These ads allow you to tell an interactive story to encourage your target audience to take action. It helps in capturing the attention of your target audience by displaying something out-of-the-box.
3. Video Ads: These ads can help you target a certain group of audience and increase the brand awareness of your B2B products.
4. Text Ads: These ads help you promote your products/services by appearing at the top or at the right side of the user’s feed.
5. Spotlight Ads: These are dynamic ads that help you include spotlight, followers, and content ads, making your ad stand out among your competition.
6. Message Ads: This is another ad format that helps you send the ad to the user’s inbox directly.
7. Conversation Ads: The conversation ad format is currently in beta mode. This format aims to help B2B businesses strike a conversation directly with their audiences while promoting the product.
To summarize this, we’d say that the above reasons signify that you can scale your B2B business using an effective LinkedIn Ads strategy.
Marketing your B2B business on LinkedIn stands out to be the best way to connect with the audiences you’d like to do business with.
Need Help in Implementing LinkedIn Ads Strategy? Contact Us!
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with the latest industry-related content.
Thank you for Subscribing!
What you think?