“The only fashion that never fades: Digital Marketing.”- Sorav Jain
The digital marketing landscape that comprises of SEO, PPC, content marketing, and social media marketing has been quite progressive, more so in the last two years, than in the last decade. For 2018, we predicted that the world of digital marketing would be dominated by artificial intelligence, video marketing, augmented reality, social proofing, search, and customer experience marketing. In 2019, we couldn’t be more content that these predictions were a 100% accurate. Since you’re reading this, we’re sure that this year you want to take your digital marketing strategy to the next level. Here’s our quick take on the top 5 trends that we think would rule the digital marketing realm in 2019. Read on!
1. Artificial Intelligence and Chatbots: AI has taken the world by storm. It can analyze search patterns and customer behavior and profile buyers, making a marketer’s life easier. AI helps marketers create pertinent content and hyper-personalize it, thus, creating unique customer journeys. AI-powered solutions can be referred to as the tools from the future bringing us this extraordinary mix of technologies like Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Predictive Analysis. In 2019, we’re expecting more marketers to establish complex trigger-based campaigns, set-up predictive lead scoring, and invest in creating unique content at every stage of the customer journey.
Chatbots are here to stay as well. They help brands improve customer experience even in a contrived budget. Chatbots can be integrated into an application, a website, and even a social media platform. They’re quicker than humans in taking requests and providing any data-related requests. According to Grand View Research, the global chatbot market is reaching $1.2 billion with 24% annual growth rate and that 45% of end users prefer using them as a primary mode of communication in customer service. Undoubtedly, chatbots would continue to be an important part of digital marketing in 2019.
2. Voice Search: According to Canalys, the global market for voice search devices grew 187% in Q2 of 2018. Apple, Google, Xiaomi, Amazon, and other manufacturers collectively shipped 16.8 million units in Q1 of 2018. Voice search helps you multi-task and handle several other high-priority things that you may have on your plate. Siri, Google Home, and Alexa have already made us dependent on them and 2019 is when we’d see better voice search technology unravel.
3. Video Marketing: From being the ‘next big thing’ in content marketing, video is a norm now. The Social Media trinity (Facebook & Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) is constantly emphasizing and investing in improving its video capabilities, primarily, because it’s directly proportional to higher engagement and customer retention. It leaves little to imagination and diminishes the grey areas that prospects/customers despise. Video is, now, a viral marketing method. Animoto’s 2015 Online and Social Video Marketing Study concluded that 4 times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. Last year, MarketingProfs found out that 56% of B2B marketers use YouTube to distribute content. Since statistics never lie, it’s safe to say that video will win the race of the most successful marketing medium in 2019.
4. Programmatic Advertising: Buying and selling online media using automation and AI is what programmatic advertising is all about. It encompasses online ads, TV and streaming modules, voice, and video to digital-out-of-home media. Companies make real-time decisions, using programmatic advertising, regarding the kind of adverts they wish to deliver to the customer. This trend is expected to accelerate all through 2019.
5. Content Marketing: 2018 was the year of content and we discovered that it’s the center of the online realm. We already have the ability to show personalized and localized content that can be distributed on the basis of IP addresses to our website visitors. Content Marketing is the quarterback of every digital marketing strategy. According to HubSpot, compounding blog posts make up 10% of all blog posts and generate 38% of overall traffic. So, it’s a no-brainer why blog content creation is the second highest priority for companies. According to DemandGen Report’s 2016 Content Preferences Survey, 47% of buyers viewed three to five pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep. In 2019, content will continue to be the heart and soul of digital marketing.
These top 5 digital marketing trends are sure to give you a competitive edge in the market. The time to create your best digital marketing strategy is here and now. Now, get strategizing!
Want to ace digital marketing in 2019 like the pros? Contact Us!
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with the latest industry-related content.
Thank you for Subscribing!